Saturday, February 13, 2010

Whither my Representative?

Just a quick update...

On Tuesday, I sent a note to Congressman Doggett via email. I posted it here after I sent it. 4 days later, I have no response. I'm wondering how long I should wait before determining that my representative in Congress has no interest in our plight and no plans to take any action? How long should I wait before deciding that there is nothing worse than a Democrat, because at least a Republican is honest about the fact that they wish me ill because I'm gay.

I'm curious as to your thoughts out there.

-Andy

2 comments:

  1. That's the crappy part. Doggetts office usually isn't prompt in response to begin with though, and I don't imagine they'll directly respond. They'll probably send you a generic form letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and here we are 3 days later and still no response. One time when I sent them a note, someone called me within 2 days to discuss our issue, but concluded there was nothing they could do. I'm hoping this time might be different.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis