Wednesday, February 03, 2010

More Republican Stuff

Whoops, I forgot about part 2.

Research 2000 did a survey of over 2,000 self-identified Republicans. Here are there results on gay issues:


Should openly gay men and women be allowed to serve in the military?
Yes 26
No 55
Not Sure 19


So, that's 45% that either think or might decide to think that I should be able to serve my country in uniform. Really, that's higher than I would think, but its only barely over one quarter of Republicans who already think that way...


Should same sex couples be allowed to marry?
Yes 7
No 77
Not Sure 16


23% in favor or might eventually decide to be in favor, but fewer than 1 in 10 would say yes today.


Should gay couples receive any state or federal benefits?
Yes 11
No 68
Not Sure 21


32% in favor or might eventually decide to be in favor. So there is only an 11% spread between gay marriage and any rights at all...


Should openly gay men and women be allowed to teach in public schools?
Yes 8
No 73
Not Sure 19


27% are ok with me being a teacher. 73% think that all gay teachers should be fired. I don't even have the words.

Here's the link to those questions and more.

Don't ever pretend like you are surprised that I believe that there is a special place in hell for Republicans. For you "fiscal conservatives," no tax cut is worth supporting those policies, in my opinion. Work on kicking those people out of your party if you truly want to help me.

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis