Thursday, November 05, 2009

David Mixner is my hero

Enough, No More, Enough!!

I'm not going to lie, my last post is eerily similar in tone to this article by David Mixner. There is a reason for that. I think he and I are just about on the same page from the standpoint of our willingness to put up with the bullshit. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

We have poured over $100,000,000 in the last two years into efforts where Americans feel it is there obligation to vote on our freedom. The entire concept is repugnant and disgusting. That we for the last three decades have been drawn into this game of 'this is politics' and fighting these ballot box horrors so that maybe by in five, ten or twenty years we will have enough victories to force our federal government to protect our freedom is simply not acceptable anymore. Imagine the good we could have done with all that money. Imagine the civil rights movement we could have built if we had the leadership that was willing to think out of the box and put it on the line.


What is amazing to me is that the more this happens, the happier I am at the prospect of our immigration issues not being resolved. I will tell you that I am a lot less upset about the notion of being exiled from this country today than I was a year ago.

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis